The main source of information was the data generated by the sensors deployed on the Orange network which send information every minute on the different transactions/events (voice and data) of each user of the Orange mobile network.
The designed solution consisted of harnessing a series of performance and quality indicators (KPIs/KQIs) from the ORANGE mobile network to use to generate a Customer Satisfaction Index (CSI).
The created architecture comprised the following structure:
- Apache Kafka is a distributed streaming platform used to receive the information generated by sensors on different topics in real time.
- Apache Flume is a distributed service that reads the information left by sensors on Kafka topics to move them in real time to Data Lake (Hadoop and HDFS).
- The Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS) is used for data storage (Data Lake).
- Spark is an analytical engine for processing large data volumes, with modules for streaming, SQL, machine learning and graph processing harnessed to process data stored in Data Lake and to calculate different KPIs and KQIs. All in order to generate the Parquet files to subsequently create boards with HIVE.
- HIVE is a data warehouse infrastructure that provides tools for data analysis and query that we can use to create the different boards with the KPIs and KQIs already generated for subsequent use with MicroStrategy.
- MicroStrategy is a data analysis platform providing all the functions to design and develop analysis and mobility apps to access the boards created in HIVE and create the different dashboards.